1612 - Standard RFoG Micronode with PON Pass-through - 1721612F1
The ADTRAN 1612 Radio Frequency over Glass (RFoG) with PON Pass-through micronode is the perfect solution for Cable MSOs who are making the transition to fiber but are still looking to utilize the Radio Frequency (RF) signals generated by their current headend equipment. The ADTRAN 1612 provides a cost-effective solution for converting these RF signals at the customer premises to useable signals that can traverse the legacy Coax wiring present in many homes.
The transition from Radio Frequency (RF) to Fiber is easy
Cable MSOs are deploying more fiber in their networks than over before, but they face the challenge of executing this strategy in a cost-effective manner. Minimizing upgrade cost and complexity by maintaining their headend and customer premises equipment are key factors to success. In addition, as to take rates, high-speed data service speed tiers, and data usage continues to increase strategies are needed to mitigate the rising occurrence of optical beat interference (OBI).
- Simple, plug and play micronode solution for converting Radio Frequency signals at the customer premises
- PON pass-through allows for easy integration with existing ONU solutions
- Extends the life of existing Radio Frequency headend
- Provides a cost-effective migration path for Cable Multiple System Operators fiber deployments
- Compact packaging for easy installation