- Single-port E1 DSU/CSU
- Metallic E1 network interface (DB-15 120 ohm)
- Includes DB-15 120 ohm to BNC 75 ohm adapter
- Single DB-25 DTE interface supporting V.35, V.36, X.21/V.11 or EIA-530
- Nx56 or Nx64 operations for data rates to 2.048 Mbps
- G.704 framing support
- HDB3 line coding
- Unframed mode option
- PC-based configuration support via T-Watch PRO software
- Front panel LCD for configuration and monitoring
- Local and remote loopback capability
- Auto ranging power supply 90 VAC to 240 VAC, 50-60 Hz IEC connector
- Customer provides power cord with appropriate plug type
- V.35 adapter cable sold separately or included with product bundle (male to female cable only)
- The ESU Series is currently approved for use in Austria, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, United Kingdom, United States, Sweden, and Mexico. Call Pre-Sales Applications Engineering at 888-785-7393 for up-to-date approval information.
The ADTRAN ESU LT is a low-cost, full-featured E1/FE1 data service unit/channel service unit (DSU/CSU). The ESU LT provides an interface between E1 or Fractional E1 service and the end user�s data terminal equipment (DTE) for applications such as LAN-to-LAN bridging, Frame Relay circuit termination, and video-conferencing.
The ESU LT provides access to traditional dedicated point-to-point E1 services as well as network termination for Frame Relay. Housed in a compact, durable plastic housing, the ESU LT supports synchronous data rates from 56 kbps to 2.048 Mbps at Nx56 or Nx64 kbps. A single DB-25 DTE physical interface, supporting V.35, V.36, X.21/V.11 or EIA-530, provides a connection to the end user�s DTE equipment. Adapter cables are available.
For configuration and testing, the ESU LT provides the capability to control a remote ESU LT using 8 kbps of the data traffic. The in-band control channel is used on an as-needed basis and is automatically controlled by the ESU LT.
The ESU LT responds to standard local and remote loopback commands from the telephone company central office. In addi-tion, the user has several built-in test capabilities including V.54 remote loopback and 511 BERT test patterns. Complete configuration and performance data is available from the front panel keypad and two-line by 16-character LCD display. For additional configuration and monitoring options, the ESU LT supports VT100 terminal configuration and control mode which is available through the control port. For direct serial connections or for remote devices, optional Windows-based PC management is available through the comprehensive, easy-to- use T-Watch PRO software package.