- Enhanced voice compression reduces bandwidth and leased-line costs while maintaining toll-quality voice
- Seamlessly integrates voice and data over packet-based networks
- Supports four FXS/FXO/E&M and one 10/100BaseT port
- Supports G.711, G.723.1 and G.729A codecs
- Transparent to all signaling protocols and LAN
- Integrated router (LAN only) SNMP, Telnet and local ASCII management options
The Vmux-104 analog voice trunking gateway is a customer-located device that complements the Vmux system, fulfilling the need for a low capacity, remote voice and data gateway for IP networks.
Vmux-110 analog voice trunking gateway compresses voice traffic and transports it over an IP link. The device employs G.723.1, G.729 Annex A and G.711 compression algorithms together with RAD's unique TDMoIP multiplexing, and is transparent to all signaling protocols and LAN.
Voice activity detection and silence suppression allow these Vmux units to dynamically allocate bandwidth for voice traffic. This results in very efficient bandwidth usage, leaving more bandwidth for data transport, further controlled with rate limiting capabilities.
The Vmux-104 analog voice trunking gateway is a compact, 1U high, half-19" wide unit that can be mounted in a 19" rack. The unit supports four FXS/FXO/E&M ports. The unit is available with either an AC or DC power supply.