- Conversion between dual 75 ohm coax interface and twisted pairs for E1 applications (2.048 Mbps)
- Available in 8 or 16 ports
- Enables standard ISDN primary rate installation over existing coax cables
- No AC or DC power required
- Insensitive to signal direction
- Immediate installation
- Miniature, lightweight Balun
- The Balun (coax to twisted pair converter) enables any E1 equipment with coax interface to operate over two twisted pairs (4-wire interface), as shown in Figure 1.
- Balun Racks back-to-back allow 4-wire ISDN equipment to operate over existing coax cables (see Figure 2).
- The Balun is insensitive to the direction of the signal, allowing transmit and receive lines to be reversed without affecting operation.
- The E1 Balun is a miniature, lightweight Balun. It operates without AC or DC power and provides up to 1000V isolation voltage for protection against AC and DC over voltage on the line