NetVanta 1638 - Multi-Layer 3 Gigabit Ethernet Switch - 4700568F1
The NetVanta 1638 is a managed, 48-port, Layer 3, Gigabit Ethernet switch providing advanced access and distribution capabilities for Small to Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs). With the combination of the advanced multi-layer switching fabric, ActivChassis stacking, high-bandwidth capabilities, and enhanced Quality of Service (QoS) features, the NetVanta 1638 is ideal in Gigabit-to-the-desktop deployments, distributed campus networking, and converged voice and data networks. The switches come with two high-speed option slots that can accommodate up to four 16-Gigabit Ethernet high-speed links and can provide up to 128 Gbps of bandwidth between interconnected NetVanta 1600 switches.
The NetVanta 1638 rackmount switch provides 48 Gigabit Ethernet ports and two high-speed option slots. Together these option slots can accommodate up to four 16-Gigabit Ethernet high-speed links and provide up to 128 Gbps of bandwidth between interconnected NetVanta 1638 switches. A field-replaceable power supply and fan assembly ensure maximum uptime.
The NetVanta 1638 supports ADTRAN’s ActivChassis stacking technology, which allows up to eight NetVanta 1600 Series switches to be interconnected and actively managed as a single, logical chassis-like system—up to 400 switch ports can share a single configuration file and single IP address—allowing SMEs to cost-effectively add capacity, simplify administration of interconnected switches and improve network resiliency. When used with the NetVanta 1600 Dual Stacking XIM, backplane capacity can be enhanced up to 128 Gbps, to support the most demanding business applications. ActivChassis also enables switches located in multiple wiring closets across distances up to 10,000 meters to be connected and managed as a single switch, providing ultimate flexibility in network configurations. Combined with features designed for redundancy and high-availability, the NetVanta 1600 Series switches provide the best performance and value in the industry.
The NetVanta 1638 supports advanced multi-layer (Layer 2 and Layer 3) switching. It supports static routes, RIP V1/V2, OSPF, Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) and Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol (VRRP), allowing it to easily scale from small
- 48-port, Layer 3, managed Gigabit Ethernet switch with two high-speed interface slots
- Advanced stacking capabilities with ActivChassis
- Non-blocking, up to 224 Gbps switching capacity
- Line-rate Layer 2 and Layer 3 switching
- Static routes, RIP V1/V2, OSPF, BGP, and VRRP
- Field-replaceable power supply and fans maximize uptime
- Desktop security audit
- DHCP network forensics
- 802.1Q VLANs, Private VLANs and VLAN assignment via 802.1x
- Advanced QoS with support for 802.1p and DiffServ prioritization with four queues per egress port
- Automate actions with Port Scheduler and TCL scripting
- VoIP ready with LLDP/ LLDP-MED and voice VLANs
- Business-class security with RADIUS, TACACS+, 802.1x and port security
- Cable diagnostics provides easy to use troubleshooting tools for copper cable
- Optimized for iSCSI Storage Area Networks (SANs) deployments
- Familiar CLI and Web GUI
- Next business day advance replacement (Domestic Only)
- Limited lifetime warranty