- Single E3 network port
- Single 10/100BaseT user port
- Three user-defined QoS priority queues according to 802.1p
- Standard framing using ITU-T X.86 (LAPS)
- VLAN tagging, stacking and stripping support
- TDM diagnostics with remote and local loopback
- Ethernet diagnostics with IP ping and trace-route
- Managed via SNMP, Web server or Telnet
The RICi-E3 intelligent network termination unit (NTU) connects Fast Ethernet LANs over E3 access lines. In addition to providing Ethernet to TDM conversion, this network demarcation device enables Ethernet LAN extension over an SDH/SONET WAN (Wide Area Network), with remote fault monitoring, end-to-end traffic separation and guaranteed quality of service (QoS).
The RICi-E3 NTU is ideal for bandwidth-intensive, Ethernet private line applications such as point-to-point branch communication and reporting for financial institutions, as well as for wireless service extension in microwave radio networks over E3 backhaul.