424RG - 802.11 b/g/n/ac Wireless ONT - 1287781F2
With the introduction of the 400 Series of Micro ONTs, ADTRAN is driving the market forward with a simpler and more cost-effective architecture that allows service providers to reduce the number of devices that they deploy and manage. In a typical indoor ONT deployment, many Ethernet ports are never used because users migrate residential gateway versus wired Layer 2 connections. Micro ONTs cost optimizes this model by removing the unused ports while retaining all of the data and video functionality expected from a carrier-class product. The 400 Series ONTs are designed to address the market with industry-leading voice, data, and video capabilities. These ONTs include both indoor and outdoor models for residential and business applications. With the 400 Series ONTs, carriers can benefit from high data rates, fiber-optic transmission, and the flexibility offered by the ADTRAN portfolio of Ethernet-based systems that can be easily configured for new, customized service offers.
The 424RG Wireless Residential Gateway, an integrated 802.11 b/g/n/ac wireless router and gateway with 4x4 "quadtenna" MIMO implementation, offers an economical option for service providers to control the Quality of Experience (QoE) of the end-user. Our FTTH solution, inclusive of the 424RG, drastically reduces the time and labor required to install, provision and set up billing for a new service. This comes from the eliminated home wiring due to the wireless feature set of the 424RG and from the simplified and automated back-office ONT service provisioning steps.
Micro Fiber to the House (FTTH) indoor optical network termination
In addition to this simplified and cost-effective architecture, the 400 Series allows service providers to leverage existing residential gateway vendors that they have depended on for years. We have watched the wireless market continuously evolve from 802.11b to 802.11g to 802.11n, now to 802.11ac, and beyond to 802.11ad. There is no end in sight for wireless evolution and the Micro ONT family allows service providers to easily keep up with this continuous Wi-Fi evolution without unnecessarily replacing the ONT or sending a technician to the home.
- Cost-effective delivery of triple-play services
- Provides integrated residential gateway functionality with IEEE 802.11b/g/n/ac compliant Wi-Fi®
- Supports symmetric gigabit services
- µ ONT form factor allows for discrete indoor deployments
- G.984 compliant 2.5 Gbps downstream and 1.25 Gbps upstream
- Auto-negotiating/sensing 10/100/1000Base-T Ethernet port
- USB 2.0 interface for network storage
- Built-in layer-2 switch
- Native Ethernet transport over GPON (GEM Based)
- VoIP using SIP, MGCP, or H.248
- Native POTS RJ-11 port with a full suite of voice quality features
- IPTV video support including IGMP snooping feature set
- Traffic management through priority queuing, scheduling, policing and traffic shaping
- Full OMCI integration