LA-210 EFM DSL Network Termination Unit
The LA-210 enables service providers to deliver mid-band Ethernet and high-speed Ethernet where fiber is not present, by offering Ethernet access rates of up to 22 Mbps over bonded SHDSL.bis copper lines based on standard EFM (Ethernet in the First Mile) technology.
Carrier Ethernet 2.0 services over bonded SHDSL
Installed at the customer premises, the LA-210 delivers Ethernet services, such as inter-office LAN connectivity, internet access and virtual private networks (VPNs), as well as legacy TDM service, using pseudowire emulation. The LA-210 features Carrier Ethernet attributes, including Ethernet OAM for proactive SLA monitoring, quality of service (QoS) per Ethernet flow and advanced traffic management capabilities – all starting at the service hand-off points. The LA-210 is certified by the Metro Ethernet Forum for Carrier Ethernet 2.0 services, as well as Ethernet Private Line (EPL) and Ethernet Virtual Private Line (EVPL) services per MEF-9 and MEF-14 specifications.
- EFM network termination unit with SHDSL.bis line interface, transporting up to 22 Mbps symmetric over SHDSL.bis.
- MEF-certified featuring Ethernet Private Line (EPL) and Ethernet Virtual Private Line (EVPL) services
- Support TDM services using pseudowire/circuit emulation standards CESoPSN and SAToP
- Robust bandwidth control mechanism and SLA monitoring per Ethernet flow assuring delivery of contracted Ethernet services
- Complete Ethernet OAM solution based on IEEE 802.3-2005 (formerly 802.3ah), IEEE 802.1ag and ITU-T Y.1731